Thursday 5 March 2015

Hotpod yoga with TENA

Last month I was invited to take part in a session of Hotpod Yoga by the lovely people of Myriad PR and Lights by TENA. The response I usually get when talking about it is 'Hot what yoga??' Well if you have never heard of it (which I hadn't) then it is basically a normal Vinyasa Yoga class that takes place in a pod heated to 37 degrees... sounds hot but on a cold miserable day it was actually very cosy!



The reason myself and a group of other bloggers were asked to attend the session was to highlight the problem of light bladder weakness and the importance of strengthening the pelvic floor. After having four children I know all to well about the side effects pregnancy can have on your body, although I must admit bladder weakness is not something I have had a problem with (so far) It may have something to do with the fact that every time I hear the words 'pelvic floor exercise' I automatically start doing them! (yes I am doing them right now)

Yoga is a great way to strengthen the pelvic floor as well as all those other muscles that we are unable to see, and I felt thoroughly worked out after completing what I thought would be a short beginner class...It was bloody hard work and my muscles were still aching two days later!
A full on workout is not practical to do everyday, particularly for busy mums, which is why Lights by TENA have developed an app featuring the following...


  • Professional tutorial
  • Easy to follow exercises
  • Progress tracking to monitor muscle tone improvement
  • Daily reminders to fit in with your routine

After our workout we were given some lovely healthy snacks from Social Pantry while we listened to some interesting facts about bladder weakness. Did you know...

Bladder weakness can be caused by the smallest of things including: coughing, sneezing or exercising

Up to 69% of pregnant women and new mums will experience light bladder weakness making it surprisingly common!

Experiencing light bladder weakness is the biggest concern for over a quarter of pregnant women in the UK

1 in 5 women would rather go a week with out make up than speak out about their bladder weakness problem and over half label it as a taboo subject!
 
There is a whole range of Lights by TENA specifically suited to light bladder weakness, unlike sanitary towels they are designed for the faster flow and have odour control.


For information on the full range, details about the App and even to add your own ooops moment experiences visit the Lights by TENA website

*Disclaimer - I was given a free session of hotpod yoga, lovely snacks and some lights by Tena samples but I have to complete those pelvic floor exercises myself, now come on...squeeeeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...