Sunday 8 June 2014

Eyebrow threading

I have been meaning to get my eyebrows threaded for quite a while but never got round to it, or maybe I just heard that it was really painful and purposely put it off!

Well yesterday I had to take a trip into Superdrug and I knew they had a small area set up just for eyebrow threading and thought if it wasn't too full (another excuse) then I would go for it... it happened to be empty!

I notice a lot of ladies that get their eyebrows done have pretty good eyebrows already, they probably get them done regularly but mine have not been touched for weeks and were a mess. I have had them waxed in the past and like how quick it is and how neat the brows look as opposed to when I pluck them and randomly pull out stray hairs.

The actual experience wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, it was more uncomfortable than painful and was over really quickly. The one thing I didn't like was that I could feel all the tiny hairs hitting my face as she was pulling them out and afterwards I kept brushing my face thinking there was hair over it. I found the fact that you could hear the hairs being pulled out quite strange too, it was almost like the sound of pulling sellotape off your skin.

I think I prefer to have my eyebrows waxed as there is not much difference in the outcome and having the hot wax applied can actually be rather relaxing but I am glad I gave it a go.

Have you had your eyebrows threaded before and is it something you would do again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...